onsdag 29 december 2021

Looking back on 2021

 

This has been a year to remember and blog wise they can be summarized with a reference to three posts that were mile stones to me. I have also chosen ten creations displayed during the year. 


Starting with the post from January 3 where I was convinced to take on the DT assignment for the challenge blog We Love Chocolate Baroque in addition to the one I've had at Allsorts for many years. So I chose a creation using a Chocolate Baroque stamp, paired with my interest in making gift boxes and paper items other than cards. 
I picked some more creations that are not cards since I really enjoy that. They also show my two major passions in life - my grandchildren and music.
 
After that comes the post from May 5 which is about having to leave my DT assignments. Dark times where I lost both my confidence and my joy of crafting. I put away the papers and the distress inks and instead sat in front of the computer until I found the words of encouragement I needed and some new joy and inspiration in the form of online crafters and digital stamps. 

The third post is from October 18 and signals that I have grown, I have moved on and I am confident once again. 
I do now what gives me joy (very Marie Kondo, I know, but I couldn't resist) and I never wonder what others might think of the quality of the inking, if the choice of stamp is valid, if I have done things according to someone elses wishes or not. I craft because I like it and when I do things to give away I can see that it brings joy to the receiver. I post my creations so that they might inspire someone else, not to get credit.
Right now I really enjoy the Lavinia stamps, therefor I chose creations using them, and since I have boxes upon boxes of cards I have started making tags instead so two tags will finish this post.


 


Take care and I hope 2022 will be a joyful crafting year for you, I know it will be for me. 

I'm doing this year in review as part of Ellie's blog hop and the other co hosts are:
Debbie - Blog: Secrets to Stamping
Ellie - Blog: Ellibelle's Corner
Helene - Blog: Mummylade
Kate - Blog: Small Bits of Paper
Maria Giselle - Blog: Maria Giselle's Creative Cuts
Misty - Blog: A Card a Day

You can enter your favourite project or projects for 2021 by adding it to the link below. 

7 kommentarer:

Debbie Mageed sa...

Oh, Helene, your creations are absolutely gorgeous! I absolutely agree with you about creating something that brings you joy. I am a big believer in setting my intentions for whatever I do. In crafting, I believe that it's my own journey to take. It's not (and shouldn't be) a competition! May you continue your journey in 2022 with good health and lots of craft time! I, for one, can't wait to see them.

Sally H sa...

I am so pleased that you have ended the year on a positive note, Helene! Your creations are inspirational and I wish I had visited more often and told you so. I was very sorry to read how you had been treated. You are not alone. As a crafting community we should be encouraging each other and lifting each other up - as the saying goes, the sky would be awfully dark with only one star. Wishing you a new year filled with unlimited creativity.

HJ sa...

Helene, your work is gorgeous! I'm glad you took the time to find your passion again and are sharing it with all of us. Enjoy your day!

Ellibelle sa...

Helene, I am so happy you decided to join in this hop! Your creations are such an inspiration and always stunning! Your gift packages are amazing and a gift in itself!
I'm really happy you have found joy in papercrafting again, and that you continue to share your creations.

Over the years of blogging I did learn not to join a DT that requires the use of a specific brand as it will begin to feel like work (PB and More was an exception in that for me as I did love all of their stamps and have a lot of them.)
I am glad you create for your own enjoyment now and to share with the blogging community as it's really what a hobby should be!

Thank you so much for being a part of our blog hop group!

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year filled with more happy crafting!
xEllie

Glennis F sa...

A lovely selection

Sandma's Handmade Cards sa...

I agree with everything that Sally H said. Your designs are amazing and I’m sorry that you were treated in such a way that you lost your confidence and joy of crafting. You really are not alone and I’m pleased that you have now found a new, supportive crafting
Community. Keep up your wonderful work and I wish you all the very best in 2022. Sandra x

Kate sa...

Your projects are absolutely fabulous!! I am completely smitten with the darling little shoe especially. It's amazing!!

Happy New Year to you!