måndag 18 januari 2021

My home made ink blending daubers

 I've had my distress inks for a long time and they are, without contest, the things I couldn't get by without. But the blending tools have varied and I have a tendency to always get ink on my fingers regardless of how I do. 

But not any more!

I stumbled over a tip on Pinterest on how to make your own ink blending daubers so I did. I went to the local hardware store - Biltema for you Swedish lot 🛠️ - and bought plastic water pipe wide enough to fit my finger and a tool to cut them easily, the pipes not the fingers 😜. And then I ordered a bigpack of make up sponges, the triangular ones. I then just folded the sponge in half and pressed it in to the tube until it came out on the other side, making sure I didn't push it too far, I wanted a nice round dauber without any edges or corners sticking out. 

I store them in an IKEA box, dividers made from regular cardstock, and put a paper with all the colours on the inside of the lid.

They work perfectly, I've even used them to ink and blend entire card bases with great result. 

I keep the box on the desk top and my distress inks in a desk drawer, everything within reach. 





Plastic pipes
Tool to cut the pipes
Make up sponges


2 kommentarer:

Ева sa...

What an ingenious idea for using pipes! Thank you very much, I have been thinking for a long time how to replace the sponges sold in the store in plastic tubes. They are so expensive, and there are so many of them that it was a pity for the money. Now I know what I need :-)

Linby sa...

What a great idea!