måndag 29 november 2021

Christmas sign

 Last week I made a Christmas sign using a black frame (Ribba) from IKEA.

I took the backside of the frame - which is made of masonite - and painted it with plack acrylic paint mixed with plaster of paris and a little water to make the paint more chalky and resemble a black board. Then I cut out the image from sign vinyl, using my Silhouette Cameo and took away the cut out pattern, making it a stencil, and placed that on the dried board. The first layer was black - to make sure that if the paint would bleed it would bleed the background color and hence not be visible, and after that two layers of white acrylic paint. 

The image is from Etsy, but I added the sentence Wonderful toys for good little boys since my grand kids are lovely little lads :).



I am really pleased with the outcome. The Cameo machine has brought so much joy lately, I can't understand why I haven't used it more...

Challenges:

Welove2create - mixed media anything goes

Just add ink - inspiration picture (with a christmas sign hanging very conveniently on the mantle piece)

Avenue 613 - anything goes

Creative Artiste's - anything goes mixed media

Polkadoodles - Anything goes

C.R.A.F.T challenge - winter

11 kommentarer:

Kim sa...

Brillant! I love a good Christmas sign. Thanks for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles.

Jean sa...

Fabulous creation ! Thanks for sharing at 613 avenue create

Nikki Spencer sa...

How fabulous is this! I love that you’ve taken the chalkboard for inspiration. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Tristan sa...

What a fabulous project Helene. Love how our photo insired you this week. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. Tristan DT.

As.I.Do.Rodos. sa...

Wonderful Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

KimB sa...

Such a fabulous and fun Christmas "chalkboard' decor item Helene. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Chantell Randall sa...

This is a fun project that I'm sure will be cherished. Chantell Just Add Ink

Brenda sa...

Helene! This is wonderful! I know what you mean about the fun you can have if you will just let the Cameo do it's job. I've had mine for years and just recently that I have started really learning how to use it. You might want to check out The Cat's Pajamas. Alma had gone all digital and has some cute freebies in her store and there is a challenge going on right now too. Anyway, I kinda got off track but do want to thank you so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

The Papercrafting Pixie sa...

What a lovely vintage style Christmas sign, thank you for entering the Polkadoodles challenge, Gabrielle DT

Crafting Queen sa...

Wonderful creation. Thanks for joining 613 avneue Create. anesha

Chana Malkah sa...

This is awesome and beautifully crafted! Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner