måndag 4 maj 2009

distressed to my elbows

I've made a card today using my distress ink pads to such an extent that me and the table and the chair and the cat are now glowing with tattered rose and frayed burlap :). I was a bit hesitant about the blue flowers but they're glued now... Everything is sprayed with antique mist - including me and the cat - and I just adore the Maja Design papers that are the foundation. It fits both the Pink Elephant challenge (circles and scallops) and the sketch for Sukkersött this week, yes I'm very organized :)

Oh, and this is the first time I've actually coloured a stamped image with distress inks. Well, not exactly the first time but when I tried it ages ago - before the tombow era - it was messy and icky and runny and horrid. But I kind of managed this time, yey me :).


Yes I know, I only had the energy to decorate one of the insides, I'm totally ashamed and will remedy that if the card gets a receiver.

13 kommentarer:

Bente sa...

Nyyydelig! Lykke til:=)

Maya sa...

Kjempeflott kort til DT-skissen!
Og fargeleggingen med distress klarte du knall flott!
Lykke til,
klem fra Maya :)

Annie sa...

Lovely effect - definitely worth everyone getting sprayed. I love it.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Carol sa...

Such a cute card Helene and you've coloured it perfectly! I adore those sweet little sunflower charms :)
Thank you for joining us at The Pink Elephant...

Hugs
carol x

Allison sa...

lovely card, great colours
AllisoNX

Robin sa...

Adorable! That image is so sweet!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE this week!

Leslie sa...

Great card, lots of work and attention to detail. I think it is beautiful.
Hugs, Leslie

Sue sa...

Beautfiul, really lovely

Saskia sa...

Lovely card...so sweet!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Carol sa...

Good Luck with the DT call Helene! and thank you so much for the kind words :)

Hugs
Carol x

Monica Anderberg sa...

Vilket urläckert kort! Din färgkombo är så fin och härlig.

Kram Monica

Dawn sa...

You managed quite well, this is GORGEOUS!! I love the coloring!!

Kathryn sa...

WOW -- the card is BEAUTIFUL -- Love the distressed look and the image is so Sweet!