Saturday, 17 October 2009

My homemade swirls


Made a match box to match (no pun intended) ABC challenge (F for flying), Just Magnolia (bright and zingy) and Stamp something (bling). Not proud of it but it has a Magnolia butterfly stamp so...

Anyhow, pearl and crystal swirls are really pretty but I never have any when I need them. So I've started making my own. I know there are loads of people that put pearl maker or stickles on plastic and cut it out to fit the card but I don't like the plastic on the cards. I'm picky - I know!

I printed a swirl and used it as a template, put sticky strip on that plastic acetat whatever paper and punched holes through it all. The cat hair on the pictures are compulsory and on the house ;). When finished I took the background paper away and can use the plastic to see where I want my swirl.

I use pearl maker or stickles in the colour I want, gently remove my template and voilá - a swirl with no plastic background.





11 comments:

  1. I love your very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. waw it s a lovely card, i love the mixture of colours, =O,lovely background =)
    hugsss
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea using a homemade template...brilliant...love this pretty card...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and I LOVE your swirls template - Great idea :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, those swirls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic and well worth making yoru own template - so unique

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, thank you for joining us at just magnolia.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing a wonderful card and playing along with us at Stamp Somthing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hejsan
    Vad kul att du visar hur du gör dina swirls. Smart idé. Jättefint kort du gjort i det här inlägget.
    Ha en skön torsdag
    Eva / Eviebee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are so appreciated!

Hugs Helene