Sunday, 25 November 2012

Candle light holder

I've been looking in some trendy design boutiques but I'm way too cheap to buy one of their - gorgeous of course but still... - candle light holders and pay out of my nose for it. So I decided to make my own. I bought a couple of odd holders at a second hand shop. Unfortunately I forgot to take a before-photo but I can assure you it wasn't a pretty sight, one was bright yellow, one was red, one was in green glass... well, you know...

And then I painted them all white, glued them to a tray - that I also painted white - and put some deco stones for stability (and looks of course). And voila, the candle light holder cost me £4. 

blog signature

3 comments:

  1. its absoloutly stunning center piece....looks loike it cost a fortune...hugs sasyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why I love thrift stores, garage sales, etc. You did a fantastic job with these, and I am a fan of things that are not exactly alike, but go together so well...my house if full of just that.

    Super creative!

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are so appreciated!

Hugs Helene