fredag 31 juli 2009

Alter something



A new challenge for Just Magnolia came today and I had already decided what image I wanted to use. Colouring hair annoys me right now so I quite fancy the old stamps cause they don't have any, hehe. So this is my contribution to this weeks challenge.



Ok, she's gone mad, you think. Well, bare with me, cause the challenge from Stampin for the weekend is to alter something and since I mixed up masking with paper piecing last week I figured it was time to remedy it :).

The Just Magnolia challenge was to distress something and I've altered the box above, distressed all over the place and turned the quite horrid wodden box into this:



It could also, if I'm lucky (cause I really fancy the prize this week) been eligble for Stamp something cause they have paper piecing and there are paper pieced all over them place even if it isn't paper piecing per se ;).

If you're interested in how I managed to fill my entire day today you can scroll down, lol.

First I glued cotton compressors to the box to get a fabric feeling to it.



Then I painted it with acrylic paint, sprayed with glimmer mist and put Tim Holtz crackle paint randomly.



After that it was just decorating! The handle is from our old kitchen drawers (I never throw things away - ever). I painted some flowers with granite colour that made them look loke stone, very cool.



My grandma has actually crocheted the lace to decorate pillow covers with!






Well, that's it for today, now I need chocolate, I think I've deserved it :). And please don't forget to check out my blog candy!!

15 kommentarer:

Bev sa...

Wow, what a fabulous project! Thanks so much for joining us this week x

Erin... sa...

lovely box! enjoy your chocolate. thanks for joining us at stamp soemthing!

Riet sa...

What a beautiful creations Helene,i love the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Donna sa...

WOW! What a smashing job you've done on this box Mummylade, you've totally transformed it into a work of art, I love all the details you've added including the kitchen drawer handle, it's absolutely fabulous.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' for the Weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Nancy sa...

Amazing box, Mummylade:O) You made it look wonderful. Love the gorgeous details, and the kitchen drawer handle is a great touch. Lovely work!
Thank you for joining us again this week at SFTW, goo luck!
Nancy;O)

Gosia sa...

What a beautful box!!!

Giovana sa...

Your creations are amazing!!
Thanks for playing Stamp Something Challenge with us.
God bless
Giovana

CraftyC sa...

This is gorgeous, I just love vintage boxes, they always look so pretty. Love all the detail and a fab tutorial. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex

Vicki sa...

this is wonderful, and what a gorgeous transformation it is. I love the distressed vintage look, the script paper is lovely, as is the beautiful crocheted lace. Thank you so much for playing along again this week at SFTW, good luck and enjoy your weekend xx vicki xx

crafty amy sa...

Oh my gosh this is truely amazing a real treasure chest!! You have put so much work into it and it really shows I would love to see it in real life I bet it looks even better.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck

X Amy X

Kimmi sa...

Wow - Fabulous altered box. I love the colours and I bet you love it more now than you did before. Super little images and I love how it sparkles! Beautiful work!

Thank you for playing along with us at "Stampin' for the weekend" We hope you enjoyed your make and that you come and join us again for the next challenge! Good Luck!

Kimmi

Zoechaos sa...

Fabulous box wonderfully brought back to life it deserves to win at least one prize if not the whole lot of them

Vanja sa...

What an amazing box! You did a fabulous job altering it! I just love all the pretty detail, especially the clock and the butterfly, the lace is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)
Vanja

Juls sa...

stunning! I love the vintage feel you have created!

Carolyn sa...

What a great idea. The box is beautiful. Your distressing is very nice also.
Hugs xx
Carolyn